Do you find yourself thinking about, or feel the nagging urge to always play video games? People with gaming addiction often find it challenging to control their gaming habits. A preoccupation with gaming usually leads to negative consequences such as broken personal relationships, poor academic or work performance, and overall well-being.
Individuals with a gaming disorder may experience the following:
- an intense and persistent focus on gaming,
- a disregard for other important activities,
- a disregard for social engagement with family and friends,
- withdrawal symptoms when not playing,
- an escalating pattern of gaming despite negative consequences.
Individuals may be hesitant to give up their gaming habits because they feel it provides a sense of comfort or distraction from their real-life problems.
The good news is that Kindbridge has expert counselors who understand, and are sensitive to athletes who are struggling with a problem gaming habit that is leaving them with the feeling of being out of control. Getting started is fast and easy.