Gambling and Mental Health
To be receptive to the needs of gamblers is to fully understand them. This workshop is designed with that in mind, to help keep individuals afloat and ultimately safe. It’s not about advocating abstinence or eliminating gambling completely; it’s about growing smarter—about approaching excessive gambling like any other addiction: gradually changing your habits, one by one.
- Overview of Problem Gambling
- Different Types of Gamblers
- The Psychology of Gambling
- Risk Factors & Co-morbidities
- Abstinence vs. Moderation
- Responsible Gambling Strategies