Persistent worrying, negative self-talk, overthinking the past, and aggrandizing small problems – are signs of excessive stress levels. People who are living with the burden of excessive stress can have contrasting symptoms, which is to say that they are not all look alike. The problem becomes more obvious when your stress leads you to behave erratically or irrationally, inspite of how you might negatively impact those around you.
Individuals who have an anger problem may experience the following:
- excessive alcohol or drug use,
- emotional eating,
- self-isolation or social withdrawal,
- lashing out at others,
- engaging in impulsive or risky behaviors,
- the need to be perfect,
- excessive pressure to achieve at a high-level,
- uncontrollable thoughts about potential negative outcomes,
- overamplify or overestimate negative consequences,
- an overwhelming need for control.
The good news is that Kindbridge has expert counselors who understand, and are sensitive to athletes who are struggling with excessive levels of stress. Getting started is fast and easy.