Individuals who have a Sexual addiction have a fixation with sexual thoughts, urges, fantasies, or behaviors that are difficult to control, and lead to negative consequences in various areas of a person’s life.
Individuals with sexual addiction often experience the following:
- a compulsive need to engage in sexual activities (eg. viewing pornography, excessive masturbation),
- engage in anonymous sexual encounters,
- have a high frequency of sexual relationships,
- find it challenging to resist urges or control their sexual behaviors,
- have significant distress and impairment in personal relationships,
- poor work or academic performance, and overall functioning.
Addictions are tough to break because they often provide a temporary high or sense of escape. Individuals can feel afraid about getting help because it can be difficult to open up about socially taboo topics.
The good news is that Kindbridge has expert counselors who understand the difficulties of sexual addiction, and getting started is fast and easy.