Depression is a mood disorder that can have a significant impact on your thoughts, emotions, and daily functioning.
It goes beyond temporary feelings of sadness or low mood and can significantly impact an individual’s daily life, relationships, and overall well-being.
Individuals who are feeling depressed may experience the following:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, or hopelessness,
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed,
- Changes in appetite, resulting in weight loss or gain,
- Sleep disturbances, such as insomnia or excessive sleeping,
- Fatigue or loss of energy,
- Self-blame, even for minor things,
- Difficulty making decisions,
- Restlessness or slowed movements and speech,
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide.
The good news is that Kindbridge has expert counselors who understand, and are sensitive to athletes who are struggling with depression. Getting started is fast and easy.