Do you carry around underlying feelings of fear, worry, or unease that never seems to go away? Individuals with excessive anxiety often experience heightened and prolonged feelings of tension, unease, and apprehension that go beyond what is considered typical or warranted in a given situation.
Individuals that are living with excessive levels of anxiety may experience the following:
- restlessness, irritability,
- difficulty concentrating,
- sleep disturbances,
- a constant sense of impending doom or disaster.
- physical side effects: muscle tension, headaches, stomachaches, or a racing heart.
- An inability to relax or feel like I’m constantly “on alert.”
- Changes in appetite: loss of appetite or increased emotional eating
- Excessive worry about future events
Excessive anxiety can significantly impact an individual’s quality of life, often leading to avoidance of certain activities or situations that might trigger more anxiety. Many try to manage their anxiety on their own through self-help strategies, but this approach often fails because it doesn’t resolve the root cause of the problem.
The good news is that Kindbridge has expert counselors who understand, and are sensitive to athletes who are struggling with excessive levels of anxiety. Getting started is fast and easy.