8-Week Gambling Coaching Program
Take significant steps towards regaining control of your life and fostering healthy habits.
Dealing with addiction, mental health difficulties and trauma on your own is isolating. That’s why we created an 8-week coaching program designed to provide individuals with the essential tools, strategies, and resources to confront and manage the challenges posed by gambling.Register Now
Kindbridge Behavioral Health is a pioneering telehealth organization dedicated to providing specialized behavioral health services. We leverage the power of modern technology to extend our services across geographical boundaries, ensuring timely and expert support is always accessible.
Our team comprises seasoned professionals who combine their extensive clinical experience with a compassionate, patient-centered approach. At Kindbridge, we believe in treating the individual as a whole, understanding that every person's journey to wellness is unique.
8-Week Coaching Program
The journey towards understanding and addressing gambling problems and addiction is one that requires knowledge, support, and resilience. The primary goal of Kindbridge's comprehensive 8-week coaching program is to provide individuals with the essential tools, strategies, and resources to confront and manage the challenges posed by gambling.
The Coaching Program is tailored to facilitate personal growth, self-awareness, and the cultivation of effective coping mechanisms, aiming to pave the way for a life free from the constraints of gambling problems and addictions.
We welcome you to this program, understanding the courage it takes to seek help. With the support of Kindbridge, you are taking a significant step towards reclaiming control of your life and fostering healthier habits.
Registering only takes a minute.
8-Week Coaching Program Syllabus
Coaching sessions are available to help you develop coping strategies and build resilience in a safe and supportive space. Find out how each individual coaching session is structured.
Week 1: Introduction
Objective: To familiarize participants with the program’s structure, establish rapport, set mutual expectations, and introduce foundational concepts related to gambling addiction.
- Welcoming participants and setting expectations.
- Personal stories: Sharing personal experiences and reasons for joining.
- Introduction to gambling: Understanding its history and the current cultural context.
- Goal setting: Defining personal objectives for the course.
- Homework: Personal reflection on one’s history with gambling.
Week 2: Understanding Gambling Addiction
Objective: To delve into the psychological, biological, and social factors that contribute to gambling addiction. Participants will gain insight into how addiction develops and its impact on the brain and behavior.
- Definition of addiction and how gambling fits into this.
- The brain on gambling: Neurological and psychological aspects.
- The differences between recreational gambling and problem gambling.
- Stages of gambling addiction.
- Homework: Identifying personal triggers.
Week 3: Cognitive
Objective: To explore cognitive distortions commonly associated with gambling addiction. Participants will learn to identify and challenge irrational beliefs and thought patterns that fuel addictive behaviors.
- Introduction to cognitive distortions related to gambling.
- Common myths and misconceptions.
- The gambler’s fallacy: Understanding randomness and probability.
- Cognitive restructuring: Techniques to challenge and modify maladaptive beliefs.
- Homework: Journaling about identified cognitive distortions.
Week 4: Money
Objective: To address the financial implications of gambling addiction. This session will offer practical strategies for managing finances, addressing debt, and fostering a healthier relationship with money.
- Financial consequences of gambling addiction.
- Creating a financial plan and budget.
- Addressing debts and financial strain.
- Money management tools and resources.
- Homework: Drafting a personal financial plan.
Week 5: Coping Mechanisms
Objective: To introduce effective coping strategies that can replace the urge to gamble. Participants will practice skills such as mindfulness, stress reduction, and emotion regulation.
- The role of coping mechanisms in addiction.
- Healthy vs. unhealthy coping strategies.
- Introducing mindfulness and grounding techniques.
- Stress reduction and self-care.
- Homework: Practicing a chosen coping technique daily.
Week 6: Interpersonal Relationships and Social Support
Objective: To underscore the importance of healthy interpersonal relationships in recovery. Participants will learn to rebuild trust, enhance communication skills, and cultivate a supportive network.
- The impact of gambling on relationships.
- Communication skills for repairing strained relationships.
- Building and maintaining a supportive social network.
- The role of support groups.
- Homework: Participating in a support group or reaching out to a trusted individual.
Week 7: Relapse Prevention
Objective: To equip participants with tools and strategies to recognize potential triggers and avert relapse. The session will emphasize building resilience and maintaining the progress achieved during the course.
- Understanding the stages of relapse.
- Identifying personal triggers and high-risk situations.
- Creating a relapse prevention plan.
- Emphasizing the importance of continued support.
- Homework: Finalizing a personal relapse prevention plan.
Week 8: Review and Future Planning
Objective: To consolidate learning from previous sessions and set a clear path for sustained recovery. Participants will reflect on their journey, set future goals, and develop a personalized plan to maintain a life free from gambling.
- Reflecting on progress and personal growth during the course.
- Discussing potential challenges moving forward.
- Setting long-term goals and strategies for maintaining abstinence.
- Gathering feedback and suggestions for future courses.
- Homework: Final reflections and setting a 6-month goal.
Watch: Demystifying Therapy: Guide to treatment and why it works.
Many individuals are afraid of seeking help, and what it all means when they do. What am I admitting to? Will it work? What if I am a lost cause? But therapy is truly about uncovering the root cause of a problem, and taking steps towards regaining control of your life.
How to Stop Sports Betting
Most people engage in sports betting recreationally without any negative consequences. However, for others it can become an all-consuming addiction that causes significant harm. This blog outlines the dangers of sports betting, the main signs and symptoms of sports betting addiction and explains how to stop sports betting if it is spiralling out of control.Learn More